1. Recommend a vegetable that you like.
I adore Sugar Snap Peas. Cooked, uncooked, in sauce, plain, whatever. They are SO delicious.
2. Recommend a fruit that you like.
Raspberries! So low calorie and SO delicious.
3. Recommend a healthy lunch food.
I make this wrap which I love. I use Flatout Low Carb bread (no, Im not on a low carb diet, but this bread has only 110 calories, 3 g fat and 15 g fiber!!) - i use half of this, then add turkey breast, spinach, tomatoes, low fat cheese, and balsamic vinegar (no oil). You've got protein, fiber, veggies, all relatively low calorie and fat content!
4. What are your favorite workout clothes?
My black pants (which I think my sister stole-- I cant find them!) and a fitted t-shirt or tank top.
5. What kind of sneakers/shoes do you wear when you work out? Do you like them? Would you recommend them?
Right now I have Saucony running sneakers. My ankle has been hurting after running 2 miles, so I think I need to get a new pair. They're fine for elliptical machines and the bike, but not for running (which is what they are for, ironically!)
6. b. non-gym users: What is your favorite workout?
7. Can you recommend a workout DVD/video?
I like Crunch Fitness Cardio Pilates. Its not really pilates-- it just incorporates the breathing and some standing moves in an aerobic workout. Its fun.
8. Do you have a recipe that you would like to share?
I made the best dinner last night! I steamed chicken in chicken broth, and added it to rice while the rice was cooking. I bought prepacked rice from Trader Joes- it was Santa Fe spices and beans, but I'm sure any rice that you dont need to fry would work. I also added chopped spinach while it was cooking. It was about 200 calories per cup.
9. List 3 tips that you give people who want to lose weight.
1) Don;t give up!! if you get off track one day, start fresh the next
2) Eating healthy is the way to go...but you can snack now and then as long as its a small portion and you account for it
3) you can control the fat and calories when you cook at home- going out to eat should be a rare treat. This is coming from a girl whose mother never cooked and we ALWAYS went out to eat.
10. Do you have a mantra (something that you repeat to yourself) that aids you in your weight loss journey? If so, would you mind sharing it?
No mantra- but I do sing Christina Aguerla's "Fighter" when I run!